Amherst, Nova ScotiaPopular
Nova Scotia / 181 views
Amherst is a town in Cumberland county Nova Scotia and is located at the northeast end of the Cumberland Basin, an arm of the Bay of Fundy.
Amherst is situated on the eastern boundary of the Tantramar Marshes and within 2 Kilometers of the New Brunswick border. Amherst, a shire town (county seat) is the largest population centre in the Cumberland region.
– The original Town of Amherst was established in 1764
– A grist mill and tannery were built east of the settlement
– Amherst Boot and Shoe Company
– Christies Trunk and Baggage Company
– Hewson Woolen Mills
– Amherst Piano Company.
– sandstone and brick, both locally produced
Want To Contribute More About This Community? Add more history information for readers. Add your information here
Staying In Or Near This Community? Book a room and earn a donation for your favorite organization that helps families in your community. Learn more about this.
Do You Have A Business? Place an ad in our directory and help support hospital and wish foundations. Learn more about this.